Join Marian Patience Harvey, RN/BSN Health Educator, for a new series, Ancient Practices for Modern Healing, as part of the Putnam County Public Library’s Build a Better World Summer Reading Program. Whether facing health challenges or struggling with challenging times, this series will teach practices that promote healing power from within and optimal health for you or your loved ones.
The series will be held at the library every Wednesday from 5:00 - 6:30 pm starting June 7 and ending July 26, 2017 (with the exception of July 21). Each week will cover a new topic, and community members are welcome to attend as many of the sessions as they wish.
- June 7, 2017 - Introduction to Ancient Techniques. The first session will introduce you to the basic concepts of the series, including Ayurved, Healing Touch, Reiki and Vibrational Medicine. You’ll learn Self-pulse/Body Type diagnosis, breathing, meditation, and energy-based self-healing techniques which will be reviewed and practiced during each successive session.
- June 14, 2017 - Practice of AyurVed in Daily Life. This session will teach you how to incorporate basics of AyurVed/Healing practices into a modern day seasonal routine.
- June 28, 2017 - AyurVed Principles for Health and Ideal Body Weight. In this session, you’ll learn the basic principles concerning nutrition, strong digestion, and maintaining optimal body weight with use of food as medicine.
- July 5, 2017 - Energy Healing. This session will cover the healing techniques of Therapeutic Healing Touch and Reiki.
- July 12, 2107 - Vibrational Medicine. In this session you’ll see a presentation and experience the use of sound such as chanting, singing, laughter, and mantras for healing.
- July 19, 2017 - Meditation as Medicine. This session will introduce you to a variety of meditative practices for daily practice.
- July 26, 2017 - Transitional Healing. In this session, you’ll focus on letting go, surviving change, end-of-life challenges, and "deathing" techniques.
Join PCPL and Marian Patience Harvey and Build a Better You through natural health!