The library is currently looking to fill the following position. Full copies of the job descriptions are available at the Circulation Desk and on our website at PCPL21.org
Part-Time Adult Education Coordinator
Job Summary: Plans,organizes, and directs the operation of Adult Education alongside the Reference Manager. Implement a plan for evaluating programs, works with community organizations and volunteers, and organizes fundraising opportunities.
This position key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for recruitment and management of learners and volunteers.
- Maintains and arranges up-to-date training for tutors.
- Enrolls and match learners with appropriate tutors.
- Provides orientation for adult learners,
- Organizes Adult Education summer courses alongside the Adult Services Manager.
- Is comfortable with grant writing and fundraising for Adult Education.
- Has experience working in a library setting. (preferred/not required)
- Has experience with event planning.
- Has past experience with tutoring.
- Basic understanding of computers and general technology.
- Is a self starter and can work with a flexible schedule.
- Works well on their own.
- Part-time w/out benefits
- 15-20 hr/wk
- Some nights and weekends may be required
- Salary range $9.75 – $11.00/hour commensurate with experience and/or credentials
To apply, please fill out an online application or download Putnam County Public Library Employment Application and print the application form. You may also inquire at the reference or circulation desks for more information.