Full Time Technical Services Manager
This full-time professional position is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the library’s technical services department and its functions including cataloging and related metadata practices, materials processing, materials budget coordination, selecting and collection development duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees technical services department’s general operations including physical and electronic materials cataloging, materials processing and workflows, materials budget coordination, and library automation reports
- Supervises technical services staff and provides training and support for use of integrated library system applications
- Serves as principal cataloger and selector for audiovisual materials including DVDs, audiobooks, music, and other new media collections as relevant
- Oversees library’s management of its integrated library system and serves as operational liaison between library and ILS vendor; works closely with Technology Director to maintain licensing and software updates
- Develops ILS-related competencies for all staff; creates staff training and troubleshooting manuals and holds staff training sessions as needed
- Works with director and selectors team on collection development policies and strategies
- Gathers statistics for monthly inventory and other reports as needed
- Participates in professional organizations, system meetings, workshops, and continuing education opportunities
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program (or in pursuit of) and 3 years experience in cataloging and technical services work
- Library Certification Level 5 (or in pursuit of)
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal System and OCLC Worldcat
- Strong background in computers, technology, and non-print materials formats
- Ability to supervise, plan, and coordinate technical services staff duties and schedules
- Ability to train and support library staff on the use of library automation systems
- Creativity, flexibility, and a constructive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to exhibit good judgment and establish effective working relationships with colleagues
Compensation: $14.00-$20.00/hr commensurate with experience. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays.
Hours: Full-Time (35 hr/wk)
To apply, candidates should submit an online application, or download, print, and mail a blank employment application; a resume; and at least 3 professional references to info@PCPL21.org, or via mail to 103 E. Poplar St., Greencastle, IN 46135.
Please contact info@PCPL21.org for more information.
Part-Time Technology Assistant
The Putnam County Public Library is looking for a Part-Time IT Technician to assist patrons and staff with a variety of technology needs by providing general end user and help desk support. The position requires experience with Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS, Microsoft Office, computer hardware repair, replacement and configuration. Preferred candidates should have experience with tablets, smartphones, mobile operating systems including iOs, Surface, and Android. Candidates must possess strong troubleshooting, communication and customer service skills, patience in working with a wide range of patron and staff needs, a willingness to collaborate both onsite and online, and be open to learning new skills and tools on the job. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
Part-time w/out benefits
Some nights and weekends may be required
Salary range $9.52-$13.30 commensurate with experience and/or credentials
To inquire and/or apply you may fill out an online application form, download and print a blank employment application, contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply stop by the library.